This video is part of the Keypath Elevate series for faculty. The instructional design team at Keypath is dedicated to providing quality faculty resources and strategies supporting your transition to teaching online.
The video lesson covers five ways to engage students using collaboration tools in the LMS and available online.
- Use social collaboration tools for learning (e.g., Twitter Padlet, Voicethread).
- Use a poll/survey as like a “hands-up activity” to gather input from a large cohort and follow up on the results (e.g. poll everywhere).
- Add a "watercooler" discussion for community building.
- Schedule “how's it going check-ins."
- Encourage short student-recorded video to communicate and build presence.